Digital Artifacts

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Transmedia Storytelling

I also just finished reading the "Searching for the Origami Unicorn" article and I truly enjoyed it. Even though I am not a fan of The Matrix, I was very intrigued by the concept (hope I using that word correctly!) of Transmedia Storytelling. I think it is fascinating to see how many people and ideas go into the process and its results. There has been a tremendous shift in Hollywood Storytelling and I feel this article did an awesome job portraying it. I must say that I am a fan of tradtional story structures, and tend to steer away from movies such as the Matrix, X-Men, etc. because of their complicated plots , however this article made me think differently about these types of movies and the reasoning behind them.
After reading the article, I decided to explore the Wikipedia website ( for the first time!) and search Transmedia Storytelling. I enjoyed reading the examples they provided and exploring the external links related to transmedia storytelling. I really never ever thought I would be interested in this topic - but hey what do you know, it has caught my interest! Here are the sites I found! Have fun exploring! Technology Review Article about Transmedia Storytelling
Transmedia Storytelling Defined on Project New Media Literacy
Henry Jenkins Blog: Transmedia Storytelling 101
Storygeek Blog Archive: "Heroes, Transmedia Storytelling and a twist"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home