Digital Artifacts

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Millennials

Today I read an article that helps supply some meaning as to why I am finding current magazines, web sites, and media rather busy from my baby boomer generation perspective; whereas you millennials find it stimulating and enjoyable. You can find it under Keeping Current in School Library Media Activities Monthly (Sept. 2007, pgs. 57-58). The article was entitled "Millennials: Deal with Them! Part 1" by Stephen Abram. In essence, it has to do with eye tracking. "Boomers have a typical page scanning pattern that differs from GenX." Eyeballs and this tracking mechanism apparently have an advantage in the virtual world. I found this out when I signed up and tried to play Second Life. It was most interesting. In any case it convinced me that I need to take a conscious new approach to my video plans and try to appeal your more confident and talented generation.

Also, regarding Web 2.0 free on line education resources : "Creative Commons" (http://creativecommons.org) and "Curriki" (www.curriki.org). I believe Michele might of said something about this but I failed to jot it down.

Last thing: Could anyone explain, "What are federated searches and open URL resolvers?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home