Digital Artifacts

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Splitting Audio Clips with Windows Movie Maker

Hello everyone!

I have finally finished a little "Tribute to the Mets" movie that I have been working on. My husband and I are Mets fans and after a very disappointing end to the season, I made this little tribute to lift our spirits for next year--it is nothing fancy. My biggest obstacle was figuring out how to split the audio clip so that I could have the chorus playing by the end of the movie. It took me FOREVER to figure it out! Here's how you do it:

For Windows Movie Maker

1. You play the audio clip from the collections board
2. Pause it where you want to split it and and hit "split" from the clip drop down menu
3. A new audio icon will appear with the track number and a little (2) or other number on the collections board --I am calling it a collections board but I am not sure if that is what it really is...it is basically that board with all the pictures, audio, and video that you have imported for the project.

In any case, I am still struggling to upload this movie, but I figured in the meantime, I could share this audio tip with others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home