Digital Artifacts

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Can anyone help?

I know it's a shot in the dark but I figured that I'd try. Excuse my typing and grammar. It may be a bit messy because I'm freaking out! Last night I was putting some final touches on my Stop-Motion Project when my computer froze. I had no option but to shut down and restart. In the mean time I was adding stuff and editing stuff so when I turned it back on several pictures were missing. I may be overreacting here but I synced the pictures to a song and since there were some missing it completely threw the rest of the project off. I tried reshooting the pictures but if it's not in the exact spot it looks jumpy and the some stuff just doesn't look right. All in all my original video looked SO good. I was so proud of myself and never thought I could do something that good and now it just looks ok and a little sloppy in parts. I have heard people say you can delete stuff all you want but it's still there somewhere and I'm just wondering if there's any possible way to try and retrieve it???? It just sucks that I put in so many hours and I was so happy and excited and now in the blink of an eye it's a mess! :-(

4 Comments:

Blogger Colin and/or Michele said...

Oh, Nicole!! I'm so sorry to ehar what happened! Here's what I do in these situations: a harddrive search via windows explorer or file manager. If you can remember the file name--or even part of the file name--ofor each pic then search for each one separately. Otherwise, if they're saved as jpg files, search for a specific file type (i.e., jpg, or tff, etc.) and see if you can find them that way. They *have* to be on your harddrive still. Oh, and check your trash or wastepaper bin or whatever to see if they've accidentally whisked themselves off there.

December 6, 2007 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hey Nicole, I actually had a similar problem when I worked on my Britney video. My computer ended up freezing and recent parts of my video were lost and everything was off. What I did was I went to the control pannel (I am not sure exactly what icons I had to click on) and I went to system restore. It allowed me to select a time to restore my computer back to. What I did is I restored it back 24 hours and all of my video was back onto movie maker. Like I said I'm not sure the exact steps I took and when I get home from work I can absolutely tell you but if you find a system restore point that may help! Just keep in mind that any of the work you did in the past 24 hours will be lost. I hope everything works out. Good Luck!

December 6, 2007 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

I'm trying that now Kelly! (Thank you so much, even if it doesn't work) Although, I wonder if it will work now that I tried to fix it last night and then saved it or if it will or if it will just show me what I did last night I'll let you know!

December 6, 2007 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Nicole,
Sorry to hear about this. Don't know if you've solved your problem or not but I had a similar thing happen to me. In my case I "lost" video and fraps screen captures. I wasn't able to restore the clips by using the system restore. Instead, I re-downloaded fraps and the video converter applications and my clips appeared once again in my movie. Don't know if that helps.

December 7, 2007 at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home