Digital Artifacts

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Interesting "Second Life -Like" Links

Hello Everyone!

I found a couple of interesting sites for the younger set that I thought might be worth sharing:

www.kaneva.com
www.whyville.com

Both sites allow kids to create avatars and interact with others in a virutal world---kaneva seems to appeal to a more middle school crowd because it allows users to design their own "rooms," while whyville seems to be more for the upper elementary set. In whyville, users gain points for recuiting others to the site which then allows them access to different areas in the site. I was basically just able to stay in the "beach" area with my pass for the day. However, I was easily able to enter both sites after entering some basic information which was sort of unnerving because it made wonder if the other avatars I was encountering were actually children or adults. I wasn't able to figure out how to interact with anyone, but they were both pretty interesting sites to check out. Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home