Digital Artifacts

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Wireless Help!!!

Hi,
I've had a wireless router for over 3 years, and 2 weeks ago I started disconnecting every 10 minutes. I called Dell and they walked me through upgrading my drivers (I had no idea how to do that without them), and I bought and reconnected a new router and called Linksys and comcast. It seems no one can help me!!! Does anyone know anything about them?? I don't know what else to try. I'm ready to just get a modem put in my bedroom as well because I just can't take this anymore!! Any help will be so greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

2 Comments:

Blogger Colin and/or Michele said...

Oh dear--there's nothing mroe frustrating than wireless connection isues because there are so many variables to accoutnt for! Okay, tell us a bit more about the characteristics of your router. What's the exact model and what kind of wireless network it "read/offer"? (e.g., is it a "g router"?). Did you try a Linksys firmware update for the router itself (rather than a Dell drivers update)? Have you experimented with changing wireless channels (accessed through the software that interfaces with your actual router)--might need to play with this if your phone is a cable phone, for example.

Looks like you're not alone, either:

http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Routers&message.id=10224

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?t=167019

Keep us posted on how you fare!

September 17, 2007 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yes it is a g router. I also tried the Linksys firmware update! I'm giving in and putting a modem in my bedroom. From what I've been reading, I think that having it in the basement may be the issue!! I'm just ready to have my internet back. I am getting my new modem upstairs on Thursday!! Thanks for your troubleshooting tips!

September 17, 2007 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home