Digital Artifacts

Saturday, November 3, 2007



D2 here.

Mom and I went to a workshop (thing) today for the class (which I got to go to), and made a couple clips using some stuff we brought (including 4 colors of play-dough), and created claymation, whiteboard animation, stop-motion animation, and playmobileation. Sometimes you can see ur hands, especially the ones we were working quickly.

The second part is at the Red Hawk diner for lunch, just basically taking condiments (which came out pretty badly) and repetitive pictures of each other.

It's pretty self explanitory.

It's just been uploaded. It was fun to try all these new ways to create movie, some of which had a (loose, but nevertheless, present) plot. The hardest part was moving them only a little bit without knocking the characters over.

If anyone else does this and is having trouble uploading it with correct timing, we used 9 frames for each clip, which was fast for some and slow for others, but evened out.

--D2

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Innes and D2,
Your videos look amazing! I have to admit that if I didn't see you making them I would think this is way over my head. I saw you working in class with your daughter and you inspired me! I'm going to give it a shot with my after school program students! They can probably teach me a lot. I will let you know how we make out! Thanks for the inspiration!

November 3, 2007 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Colin and/or Michele said...

Fantastic!! And sooo funny! the condiments one *really* made me laugh out loud!

Theresa--would love to hear back on your work with students in your after-school program using stop motion, too. Such a great idea to do this kind of animation with them!

November 3, 2007 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Mirijana said...

d2 - I would love to see your video but unfortunately it doesn't show up on my blog page. I will try to get it from my home pc. The preview I saw on your mom's camera looked great, so I'd love to see more.

November 7, 2007 at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home