Digital Artifacts

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Virtual Traditional Indian Dancing

Just thought I would share an interesting siting I had tonight. I went to an Indian Electronica event at the Rubin Museum of art. While the DJ mixed the music there was a digital women/avatar being projected onto the wall doing traditional Indian dancing. Curiously enough, upon investigating this I discovered that the word avatar is also a word from within Hindu philosphy. In that case, an avatar is the incarnation of a higher being. Something to chew on/mull over!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I recently saw one of my third grade students reading a book called Avatar and found out that on Nickelodeon they have a children's cartoon called Avatar based somewhat on the Hindu philosophy.

October 1, 2007 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home